Intellectual property protection is an area that is often overlooked by otherwise successful businesses. In today's business environment, intellectual property, is an essential asset that gives companies a competitive advantage and contributes to the growth and value of a firm.
As an experienced intellectual property attorney, I can help you protect and maintain these valuable assets. Moreover, you will receive advice from an attorney that understands the realities of how business operates, which is essential is creating the documents that will enable you to exploit your intellectual property to its maximum potential.
- Evaluation and Opinion Letters
- Registration of Federal and State Marks
- Response to Office Actions
- Assignment / Transfer
- Trade secrets
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Protection Policies and Procedures
- Assignment / Transfer
- Infringement Disputes
- Licensing / Royalties
- Cyber / Internet Law
- WIPO and Domain Name Disputes
I strive to be reasonable in my fees, and my significant experience in this area also allows me to be more efficient that most attorneys. There are significant advantages to using an intellectual property attorney for your copyright and trademark evaluation and registration needs.
While I normally provide legal services on an hourly rate, there are are number of tasks that I perform on a "fixed-fee" in order to control your legal costs.
- Basic Federal Registration Service ($375 plus filing fees) - Includes telephone interview of applicant, basic assessment of strength of mark, electronic filing of the application for registration of the mark, and response to USPTO Office Actions (excluding "confusingly similar" refusals).
- Trademark Evaluation ($650 plus search report fees) - Includes detailed evaluation of search report, factual and legal research related to potential infringement and preparation of a trademark opinion letter.
- Complete Federal Registration Service ($950 plus search report and filing fees) - Includes the Trademark Evaluation service, plus Basic Registration.
- Assignment / Transfer ($250 plus filing fees) - Includes preparation of all trademark assignment documents and filing the assignment with the USPTO.
* Note prices are per mark. The USPTO charges a filing fee between $275 and $325 for each "class." A mark can be registered in multiple classes (e.g. "IBM" computers is one class and consulting services is another class).
- Copyright Registration ($235) - Includes telephone interview, preparation of the appropriate basic copyright registration form (Forms TX, SE, PA, VA (including Short Forms), and Form SR) and submission of electronic form and payment of $35 filing fee.
Please feel free to contact Michael Newcomb by telephone or email him at the number below for more information and to learn about how we can help you protect your intellectual property.
Michael W. Newcomb, Esq.
Newcomb Law Group
43460 Ridgepark Dr, Suite 200
Temecula, CA 9259
Tel: (951) 541-0220